Seiko | Men's Prospex Sumo Automatic Diver Watch
Seiko has been crafting superb dive watches for over 50 years. The Japanese watchmaker, known for its' precise, made-in-house mechanical movements, has been chosen as the go-to watch for expeditions to both the north and south pole and to the bottom of the ocean alike. Seiko has been renowned for their dependable, affordable and practical watches for many years, and their dive watches are no exception. They even helped develop the original dive watch performance criteria for the International Organization For Standards (ISO).
- The Sumo Dive Watch features the Seiko 23 jewel automatic movement (6R15), which includes a date display.
- This watch features highly luminous hands and markers treated with Lumibrite, so you can tell the time while diving 660ft under water.
- Hardlex mineral crystal and a solid etched, screw-down case back.
- The 6R15 Seiko movement is self-winding and it can be hand wound.
- The movement has a 50 hour power reserve and it is accurate to +25 to -15 seconds per day.
- Comes on a stainless steel bracelet with a double locking fold-over push-button clasp with a divers extension.
Model No.: SBDC033 "Sumo"
- Japanese engineering & precision.
- Stainless steel case is tough, thick, and durable.
- Looks great in casual and dress settings.
- It's an automatic / self-winding mechanical watch with popular diver styling (and utility) that has comparable quality to more prestigious Swiss brands, without the hefty price tag.
- 50 hour power reserve basically means it will stop ticking if you don't wear it for two days, due to its' self-winding mechanical movement. If you don't want to deal with resetting it on that frequency, an automatic watch may not be for you. Keep in mind that this will be true for nearly all automatic watches!
- Though of comparable quality, is not in the theoretical 'Swiss watch club', if that means something to you.
- This is a high quality, Japanese-made automatic watch that has very similar look and mechanics to popular, well-regarded Swiss watches. It doesn't break the bank, and doesn't break easily. A solid addition to the collection for any casual watch fan.
- Screw Down Offset Crown
- Movement: Seiko 23-Jewel Automatic 6R15 (Self-Winding)
- Case: Stainless steel, 44mm Dia. x 13.3mm Thick.
- Back: Engraved Screw-In Back
- Uni-Directional Diving Bezel With Luminous PIP at 12:00
- Crystal: Hardlex Mineral
- Band: Stainless Steel Bracelet, Push-Button Deploying Clasp.
- 20mm Lug
- Water Resistant: 200 meters
- Warranty: 2 Years
Disclaimer: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This is an affiliate advertising program that allows us to earn a small commission when we link to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Doing so allows us to publish blog posts & articles on our website that discuss fashion, style and accessories we love.